Why do teachers love working here? Watch the video to find out.
How Do We Support Our Teachers?
When you teach at our schools, you'll find the following:
- 3 DCIs/teacher coaches for every school, creating significant individual support for every teacher, helping teachers solve classroom problems and grow professionally
- Two full-time teachers in Kindergarten and 3rd grade classrooms
- A designated reading specialist in grades 1, 2, 4 and 5 and a designated science teacher to support classroom teachers in delivering effective reading instruction each day
- A designated science teacher in grades 3-5 to provide science instruction, proving classroom teachers with an extra planning period and one less subject to prepare
- Designated behavior teams and counselors in each school to support classroom teachers
Join Us In Our Mission
Capstone Education Group seeks to attain the following goals in the next five years:
- Transform the former Lester and Denver schools from schools in the bottom five percent of schools in Tennessee to schools with some of the highest academic growth in the state
- Actively engage in the community development strategy with multiple partners, making Binghampton and Frayser healthier communities in which to live and work
- Develop the model process for the ASD and SCS to turn around failing schools
- Create an outstanding adult culture where teachers work with joy and professionalism, rapidly develop and flourish under effective coaching, and generate outstanding results while enjoying a proper work/life balance
- Identify and develop effective teachers and school leaders to open a new school beginning in the Fall of 2018
Join Us in Our Method
Capstone Education Group schools equip students with the Wisdom and Knowledge necessary to succeed in college and to become leaders in their community. CEG was created to provide this quality education to low-income families in the city of Memphis and seeks to accomplish that goal through the Achievement School District (ASD) and potentially, Shelby County Schools (SCS).
The founders of CEG were trained in the Building Excellent Schools program in Boston and created a model of urban education based on high performing schools around the country. CEG utilizes the best practices of these high-performing schools, adjusted for the reality of neighborhood schools in Memphis, to create an effective learning environment where children grow in Wisdom and Knowledge every day.
The culture of CEG schools can be summarized by the following characteristics:
- College prep begins in Kindergarten. As noted by the National Research Council, “academic success … can be predicted with reasonable accuracy by knowing someone’s reading skill at the end of third grade.”
- High expectations support high achievement. CEG believes that all students can learn at a high level when provided access to an achievement-oriented, structured, disciplined environment beginning in Kindergarten. Every minute is critical. CEG school value every minute of the school day. Every system, process, and procedure is designed to maximize the learning time for students.
- Leadership matters. The world needs educated leaders. CEG students are equipped and challenged each day to grow in their ability to lead.
- Urban students deserve the best. Urban students consistently attend under-resourced schools and consistently perform poorly on standardized tests when compared to their suburban counterparts. CEG believes all students, regardless of their ZIP code, can perform at high levels when provided with great teachers, proven instructional methods, adequate facilities and the opportunity to achieve.
- Character counts. CEG agrees with what Martin Luther King wrote, “We must remember that intelligence is not enough. Intelligence plus character — that is the goal of true education. The complete education gives one not only power of concentration, but worthy objectives upon which to concentrate.”
Be A Part of a Larger Vision For the City of Memphis
Watch this video and see how Capstone Education Group’s mission fits into a larger strategy to change the city of Memphis and the landscape of urban education:
TEACH901 from Choose901 on Vimeo.
Apply To Join Our Team
Click here to see our open positions! You can also check out our results to see our Prepsters and Scholars are excelling! Are you ready to apply for one of our open positions? Send your resume and cover letter to Drew Sippel at email@example.com.