Best Practices + Best Teachers = CEG's Model for Success
Capstone Education Group (CEG) is a very unique organization. The school structure, perspective, methods and systems are based on the best practices from high-performing schools across the country. These best practices, infused with character education that dominate the school culture, make CEG schools distinctive institutions.
Educating Our Youth Is Key to Memphis' Future Success
Memphis enjoys a rich heritage and a great history as a major city on the Mississippi river. However, the current condition of education in Memphis threatens the future success of the city.
Local Students Earn Sub-Par Grades in Key Subjects
Consider the following statistics:
- Memphis City School students earned a grade of D in math and reading and a grade of "F" in science and social studies on the most recent TCAP Criterion Referenced Academic Achievement Test for grades three through eight.
- More than 33 percent of MCS students will drop out of school.
- The composite ACT scores for MCS students in 2008 was 17.5 compared to a US average of 21.1
A Solution - All Children Can Learn in the Right Learning Environment
The founders of CEG believe that all children can learn and be successful when given access to an achievement-oriented, structured, disciplined learning environment, beginning in Kindergarten and continuing through the eighth grade.
Our Vision (We Believe It, Our Staff Lives It, Our Students Will Reflect It)
Capstone Education Group schools equip all students with the Wisdom and Knowledge necessary to succeed in college and to become leaders in their community.
Founded on Best Practices in Urban Schools Across the U.S.
CEG’s approach to education, based on successful urban schools around the country, includes:
- Intense focus on the core subjects: math and reading
- More time learning, created by an extended academic day and year
- Standards-based lesson plans, curriculum, and assessments
- Intentional leadership development
- Fast-paced, challenging learning environment
- High standards for students and teachers
Our Partners Share Our Vision
CEG partners with businesses, organizations, health care providers, foundations, individuals, and churches to provide wrap around services to meet all needs of our students and families.
Five Characteristics That Make Our Parents Take Notice
The following are some of the distinguishing characteristics of CEG schools:
- College prep begins in kindergarten.
- High expectations support high achievement.
- Every minute counts.
- Leadership matters.
- Urban students deserve the best.