About Our Schools
Best Practices + Best Teachers = CEG's Model for Success
Capstone Education Group (CEG) is a unique organization. We base our structure, perspective, methods, and systems on best practices from high-performing schools across the country. These best practices, infused with character education that dominate our culture, make CEG schools distinctive institutions.
Educating Our Youth Is Key to Memphis' Success
Memphis enjoys a rich heritage and a great history as a major city on the Mississippi River. Yet, the current condition of education in Memphis threatens the future success of the city.
Local Students Earn Sub-par Grades in Key Subjects
Consider the following statistics:
- Shelby County Schools' students earned D in math and reading and F in science and social studies on the most recent TCAP Criterion Referenced Academic Achievement Test for grades three through eight.
- More than 33 percent of SCS students will drop out of school.
- The composite ACT scores for SCS students in 2008 was 17.5 compared to a US average of 21.1
All Children Can Learn in the Right Environment
The founders of CEG believe that all children can learn and be successful when given access to an achievement-oriented, structured, disciplined learning environment, beginning in Kindergarten and continuing through the eighth grade.
Vision - We Believe It and Live It, Students Reflect It
Capstone Education Group schools equip all students with the Wisdom and Knowledge necessary to succeed in college and to become leaders in their community.
Founded on Urban School Best Practices
CEG’s approach to education, based on successful urban schools around the country, includes:
- Intense focus on the core subjects: math and reading
- More time learning, created by an extended academic day and year
- Standards-based lesson plans, curriculum, and assessments
- Intentional leadership development
- Fast-paced, challenging learning environment
- High standards for students and teachers
CEG partners with businesses, organizations, health care providers, foundations, individuals, and churches to provide wrap-around services to meet all needs of our students and families.
Characteristics That Make Our Parents Take Notice
- College prep begins in kindergarten.
- High expectations support high achievement.
- Every minute counts.
- Leadership matters.
- Urban students deserve the best.